A common question I get is “why did I get cancer” or a variation of this “what causes Lymphoma”. I get all sorts of theory’s put to me – the food I eat, the cosmetic products I use, stress, karma (yes really), you name it, it’s been blamed.
However, in the darkness last night, whilst I lay awake to the symphony of snoring, I had a eureka moment! Snoring causes cancer – or rather the lack of quality sleep causes cancer. And here is my evidence ...
Every night 75% of patients in my room snore – yes really – it is a torture session for the likes of me. I am absolutely sure that this percentage is higher than the normal population? Of the remaining 25%, 98% would sleep with said snorers, so again don’t sleep and the remaining 2% - such as me – simply don’t sleep very well full stop.
So in my delirious sleep-depraved mind this all made perfect sense – lack of sleep, caused by snoring, causes cancer! The stats above are completely accurate and scientifically collated and will stand up to peer review. I’m sure I can even get a big research grant for this study.
So snorers – go to your doctor and sort it. Even if by some slim chance I’m wrong about the cancer thing, snoring is just plain wrong and needs to be stamped out immediately.
In fact this is my Rule for Life #2: Don't snore!