Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Just when I was wondering if the radiation was actually doing anything to my head, my hair fell out - so Carol got out the buzz cutters and I'm back to the commando look. I kind of look like this photo, but add on a gazillion kilograms and a big moon face and you'll get the picture - but not from me - I'm now advocating censorship.

I can tell you that cancer treatments is no beauty spa. What between the steroids, chemo, radiation and biopsies - I'm looking a little worse for wear. The only plus is the steroids make ones skin very smooth - just like a babys bottom. Fortunately for me I don't have to look at myself - tough luck for the rest of you.

4 comments:

unPC lesbian said...

I know someone who will think you are looking very hot.......NSBG get ya arse over here quick!!

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful and defiant in that pic. And you're doing the ole "look ma, no hands" thang, which always makes me laugh.

Commando is the new black.

Cactus Kate said...

Cancer treatments may be no beauty spa Annie but I suggest getting a head massage from the lovely people at Bliss and reporting back what it's like bald. While you are in there go crazy and get the day package....then go back tomorrow.

Annie Fox! said...

Thanks guys.

As instructed I went back in for another Bliss massage, including the head - sooo relaxing. I think a few more braincells shutdown after that - but well worth it.